div { letter-spacing: 2pt } -->

23-02-2012







































I bought new fabrics! The block-printed handwoven cotton ( imported from India ) in a grey-ish blue color and in old pink... The colors on the picture are a little off compared to what they look in real life. This is the most perfect fabric I've worked with so far... It's thin, but amazingly strong... with nice linen-like texture to it. 

The print is just lovely! They use huge wooden stamp-blocks to create the print on the fabric. And because it's all made by hand, the fabric shows little imperfections... But that kinda makes each bag a little different. One of a kind you might say. 

I also brought along some unbleached cotton to line the bags with. I have several lining cottons in my 'stash', but none of them are as soft and jaw-dropping as this one. It's also handwoven from India. It's off-white/ivory colored. Dear lord, this quality is p-e-r-f-e-c-t!!! I wish this was for sale at regular fabric markets... 
But I guess it's a good thing for it to be so exclusive... Where else can you get such fabric! 

Oh and by the way... I had such a nice conversation with the lady over at Abai-i! I showed her pictures and she was amazed to see things being made with their fabrics... And not only curtains, that is... 
She wrote down my Etsy-adress... I got all enthusiastic... It's such a nice thing to get positive feedback... It motivates me, just as well as meeting new people to share my own excitement with. 

Well now, I'm off to make some more bags and purses! 

Oh and if you read this... The items that are up for sale in my 'pilot-edition'... be quick to get your favorite, because the next edition I'll price according to the fabrics that I used on each item ( which will be slightly more... But don't worry. It'll be worth it, because this is just incredible quality fabrics and leather ( buttery soft! ). 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten