div { letter-spacing: 2pt } -->

25-02-2012















































I wanted to finish a couple of new bags today, but I've come down with a stomach flu. So instead I stayed in bed all day long ( ok... not all day long... we went out to buy Popcorn a birthday cake ). 

But not all is lost... Yesterday I successfully learned how to sew in a zipper... A zipper! I was a little afraid of sewing zippers, but it's not as hard as I imagined it to be... And well... I kinda like how it finishes the bag.
I used magnetic snap closures on the other bags... Which is fine as well, but I guess I have now become a sucker for zippers... It's secures the bag a lot more and I just love, love, love how there's two layers in which the zipper almost disappears! The construction is solid... Yay! 

I also finished an Ipad sleeve for a friend  last thursday ( first picture ). I padded it with fiberfill to prevent the tablet from damaging. 
And Mia helps me out on all my sewing adventures by protecting the fabrics by sleeping on them ( only the scraps! ). Silly kitty... 

I hope the flu will disappear overnight... Because it's Popcorn's 29th birthday tomorrow and I'm in for a party! We bought outrageously expensive birthday cakes... and it's no fun enjoying those while constantly having to visit the ladies room ( I will spare you the details! ).

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten