div { letter-spacing: 2pt } -->

02-01-2012







What a day! Everyone had a hard time getting up early and dragging themselves to work. Or the kids to daycare... The kids were cranky and we couldn't get them to sleep... and after two weeks of full time pampering, having to go to daycare and share the toys as well as the attention with other babies... The absolute worst thing to start your year with ( I can tell you that.... ).
Besides being psychologically tested by ten crying babies and almost reaching the point of a nervous breakdown, I think I might be catching a flu.

After work I did the groceries and made this yummy-salad. It's a light dish, but hearty enough to get us through the night without late night snacks.
It's a winter quinoa salad with pomegranate seeds, arugula, pistachios and goat cheese. Very healthy and amazingly tasty!

I found the recipe on Apples and Onions. Bon appetite!

You need:
For the Honey-Shallot Vinaigrette
1 medium shallot - 2 tablespoons of honey - 4 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar ( but they don't sell this must-be-delish vinegar, so I used white balsamic vinegar ) - 6 tablespoons of olive oil - Salt & Pepper to taste

For the Salad:
1 cup uncooked quinoa - 2 cups diced smoked chicken breast - 1 pomegranate de-seeded - 1 cup roasted salted pistachios - 2 cups arugula - 4 tablespoons of goat cheese

First make the vinaigrette. It's so simple... Just dice up a shallot and mix with the honey, vinegar and olive oil. Add salt & pepper to taste. Set aside.

Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package. Mix the ( slightly cooled ) quinoa with the chicken and pomegranate seeds and about half of the vinaigrette. Add the goat cheese and the 'crushed' pistachios ( without the shells!! ) and serve straight away. That way the quinoa is still a bit warm and the cheese will melt a little. Easy as can be....

p.s. I might have exaggerated a little, telling you about my day... I do that all the time. But it wasn't all together that bad... I feel privileged looking after those precious little humans... They make my day, everyday.







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten