div { letter-spacing: 2pt } -->

03-01-2012

Today wasn't my day either... Usually when my week starts with a 'bad' day... it means that whole week is doomed to be a mess. And... well... Thinking I would pass the exam the first time was a mere illusion... The weather was not helping me either... Heavy rain and strong winds had me on edge... and it took just one stupid and completely unnecessary mistake to fail. So I did... I failed the test.
I was pretty bummed out..., but I'm ok now. Just wished I could wrap this drivers license thingy up...

But oh well... Just a couple more lessons and another shot... Fingers crossed that the next try is of more success.

And since this day wasn't going to become better by waiting for it to get better... I put on my winter coat, boots and hat and went grocery shopping ( in the pouring rain - I'm a hero! ).
I found a recipe for spicy shrimp skewers here. And looked for something to complement it. Which I decided should be a salad. A hearty one, since it's still winter and we mustn't starve while surviving this wet and slightly cold season. A brown rice and Eggplant Salad.

Please click the links if you want to give these a go. Normally I would write it all down, but I'm feeling a bit tired and I have something on the stove that needs my attention.

Have a nice night... Close the windows, pour yourself a hot coco, snuggle up under the blankets... Let's act as if they just rang the weather-alarm ( which they actually did - so it's safest to stay in tonight! ).



p.s. The left picture was taken by the owner of the website I found this delicious recipe on. Thanks Umami Girl.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten