div { letter-spacing: 2pt } -->

01-01-2012


I haven't exactly kept my promise to blog more frequently... But since we've just welcomed 2 0 1 2  I think I should make it one of my NY's resolutions. 

In my last post I told you my life was pretty hectic... I couldn't tell you why and I must probably still keep it a secret, but I just need to get it out of my system and into the world. So, I'm going to say it and be done with it... I quit my job about a month ago. I quit my job in the midst of economic crisis, without having the guarantee of finding a new and more challenging job. 
But I had to do it... I've been having a blast the past three years working in Daycare, but I gave it my all and there's nothing more to give... 
I'm on the lookout for something a bit more 'challenging'... I need a little more 'thinking' and a little less 'doing'... ( side note: I'm a graduated Social Worker/Educationist, but never really found a job as one... )

It's a scary thing... knowing that within a month I'm unemployed... But I'm convinced I will find something and if not straight away, it'll come... I'm sure of it. 

Anyway, 2011 was ok... But nothing more than just ok. No highs, no lows. I'm intended to make this year more interesting... I don't really do resolutions, but I will make myself a list of things that must be conquered this year. 
First thing? My drivers license. My exam is on Tuesday, so I hope, oh my.... I hope I will pass the test the first time around. I'm extremely nervous...

Next thing is cooking healthy and delicious recipes which I 'collect' on pinterest. I was off to a great start... but sometimes we get lazy... Or well... Popcorn gets lazy. Whenever it's his turn to do the groceries and to cook, he comes home tired and wants to order-in. Which is fine, because by the time he gets home it's too late for me to do the groceries for him. So I settle for unhealthy, ordered-in food. 
But I really want to make eating healthy a habit, so I'm just gonna cover the grocery and cooking part... 

And to persist in doing so, I will post pictures and recipes here, on Moon... So Moon might turn into one of those yummy blogs with delish recipes. I hope so, because they inspire me all the time... 

Other 'bucket'-list items are: go on a road trip ( since I will be capable of driving a car without crashing it... ), visit friends and family more often, go to the beach whenever I have a spare moment, buy less stuff I don't need, home-make stuff I think I desperately need, reading books, sign myself up for a workshop or cooking class, finally go to India and let my hair grow ( without cutting it short whenever I'm having a bad hair day ). 
And there's probably a lot more that I want to do this year... 

Moon on the rain is going to get more interesting... I swear! Less vague diary-ish posts and more stuff that matters.... Whether it's an article on something or a must-try recipe. It's going to get better... 

Goodbye uneventful 2011 and welcome 2012!!! May you make my dreams and modest wishes come true!



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten