div { letter-spacing: 2pt } -->

20-01-2012
















Last year was all about discovering skincare, make-up and hair products. I've been using day- and night cremes for years as well as make up, but always drugstore bought products. Which is off course ok, but there's real gems to be found if you inform yourself about the variety of things that are available. Instead of just buying random stuff, grabbing simple items from the shelves almost with my eyes closed, I'm looking for miracle-workers.
Above are a few of my absolute favorites:

1. Lush Marilyn
This hair mask makes my hair soft, lush and shiny. Ingredients such as chamomile and lemon will eventually make my hair a little lighter... summer-blonde hair! I love the smell... Although it's not for everyone.

2. M.A.C. Fluidline in 'Blacktrack'
After trying several black eyeliners and finding out how to make that perfect, sexy, fluent line... I decided it was time to give this famous gel liner a try, having to apply it with a very fine brush. A challenge... But as you get the hang of it, you never want anything else to line your eyes.

3. M.A.C. 211 brush
The brush I use for applying M.A.C. Fluidline.

4. Estee Lauder Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator.
Elle couldn't resist to buy it... Neither could I. This is an experience like no other. I often have puffy eyes with slightly dark circles underneath. I usually cover them up with concealer, but that's not the cure to the problem.
This product does the trick. The ceramic tip is cold, which reduces the puffiness, the ingredients make my skin tone even and the dark circles vanish into thin air. It's like magic!

5. Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator
Does the same thing as the cooling eye illuminator, but covering the whole face. It gives me the healthy glow my skin is normally lacking... It smoothens and evens up the skin and skintone. Man oh man, this is my precious...

6. Bodyshop Shimmering Cubes
I have two palettes, the browns and the purple-ish colors... and I adore them equally. You can make smoky eyes or go for a more subtle look. They are gorgeous and shimmery, without being drag-like and overly dramatic.

7. Kiko All Over Light Highlighter in 'gold'
Bought this highlighter ( which is extremely pigmented! ) in Sienna, Italy. Unfortunately there's no Kiko store in Holland or anywhere near, so I allowed myself to go on a shopping spree during my stay in Tuscany.

8. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara
Just brilliant.

9. Rituals Hand Therapy Handcreme
Ginko Biloba and Ginseng, it smells a bit like bubble gum... which I love!

10. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat
Infamous highlighting pen. When I use the Touche Eclat I don't have to wear concealer or foundation. Which feels great... I have used several other highlighting pens, but none of 'em is as good as YSL's Touche.

11. Estee Lauder Daywear Sheer Tint release Moisturizer
Protects and feeds my skin. Releases a tint so that it looks like I've soaked up some early spring sun.

12. M.A.C. Studio Sculpt Foundation in 'NW20'
I will never buy or use a different kind of foundation ever again. This thick foundation can almost be used as concealer.

13. Rituals Lipstick in 'La Vie en Rose'
The perfect pink!

14. Rituals Lipstick in 'Jaipur'
Dark, but vibrant red lipstick. It's creamy and moisturizing!

15. M.A.C. Transparent Finishing Powder Pressed
My latest find. I never used powder, but it makes my skin look like porcelain... Flawless finish. The discovery of heaven.

16. Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray
This spray creates structure and volume as if you've spend your day at the beach. I haven't surfed in years, but it brings me back in the vibe. I'm dying to go surfing again!

17. Lee Stafford Salt Spray
Bumble & Bumble is a little pricey, so I bought this to switch to every once in a while. But it's almost as amazing as the Surf Spray, but a little less subtle... The smell is better though!

Most of the things I use nowadays are that great and effective that I think I will buy them over and over again - I will stick to them, 'til death do us part. What are your favorite products?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten