div { letter-spacing: 2pt } -->

13-10-2011

Tuesday was so much fun. Me and my bestie went on a lunch date in Amsterdam. Little did we know that we were about to take a trip around the world in just a few hours time. And oh, do I love traveling. So this was a delight. 
We met at Amsterdam central station. It was cold and rainy, but no weather is too harsh when in good company. 
We payed a short, but very inspiring visit to Sukha. Sukha means life's joy, or something like that, in Sanskrit. They sell all sorts of goodies. Furniture, clothes, jewelry... It's all a little pricey, but hey... a girl can dream, right? 
So that's India... Next stop: OZ.
Yeah! Australia. Oh my... I would love to go there someday. I even bought a lonely planet last year. To fuel my desire to ever go there. 
We went to Small World... a teeny lunchroom serving the most delicious sandwiches. We both ordered a roasted pumpkin and goat's cheese sandwich. The absolute best. The owners and employees of Small World are all Australian... and I could swear, when I had my eyes closed, for a minute there, I was in Sydney. 

After that we shared a cinnamon scone at the Bakkerswinkel. We sat there for a while and we talked. We have fine conversations. Truly inspiring and comforting. 
We took a stroll back through the park and went to see Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris. I'm in love with the '20's so this movie hit the jackpot. 
From France we went to Italy. At Toscana we ate a pizza. Artichokes and all. 

This day was a treat. I love spending time with my friend. Days spend with her are fun . We laugh until our stomachs hurt. I can't wait to meet again. 

Picture via Pinterest. Note to self: Bring your camera! 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten