div { letter-spacing: 2pt } -->

03-03-2012






























I found a recipe for mushroom soup ( here ) and I decided it was a perfect dish for these transitional days ( from cold winter weather to mild early-spring temperatures ). 
The recipe was my guideline, but I changed it up a little, using the mushrooms and ingredients they sell here. 

I've become a soup-addict over the past months. As a child I hated soup... Liquid dinner was just not for me. Not even the soup my grandmother slaved upon on Sunday afternoons. But I guess you'll grow over the things you hate eventually ( all things I'm sure! ) and now soup has become a dish that I prepare at least once a week.
I love experimenting with different kinds of soup. Zucchini, eggplant, mushroom, lentils, leek, avocado... You name it. It's easy and always delicious!

Here's the recipe I used.

Ingredients: 
button mushrooms ( kastanjechampignons in Dutch ) | oyster caps ( oesterzwam in Dutch ) | 6 cups of chicken or vegetable stock | rosemary, chopped | 1 shallot | half a cup of heavy cream | salt and pepper to taste | unsalted butter | 

Coarsely chop the mushrooms and shallot. Heat butter in a skillet and add the shallot. When shallot is soft add the mushrooms and stir until they soften up a bit. Add the stock, bring to a boil and have it simmer for a while.
Puree the soup until smooth. Add the cream and preheat. Stir until the soup thickens and add the rosemary. Add salt and pepper to taste. 
Easy does it!

As an extra you can ladle the soup into oven-proof bowls and lay puff pastry on top. Brush a beaten egg over the pastry and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. 
I also added a little truffle oil, but that's optional. 

Serve immediately with whatever you like on the side. I bought spelt bread to dip in this thick and creamy soup!

This recipe is a keeper! 

Pictures via Melangery and Pinterest



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten