div { letter-spacing: 2pt } -->

02-03-2012



I was thinking about spring and how amazing it would be to finally have a backyard this year ( preferably before summer ). I'm in need of a garden... I mean, the place we live right now is quite amazing. A two bedroom, chic apartment about 5 minutes away from the city centre. High ceilings, hard wooden floor, lovely bathroom... And it's quite spacious. A place we will miss once we move to another house that will become our home.
But there's just some downsides to this place I can't seem to overcome. I mean... it's pretty dark in here. It has large, but narrow windows that barely let the light come in. And people... I need light! Otherwise, over time, slowly but surely, I will become a teeny bit depressed. And I like me happy.
And the other thing is we don't have a garden, or even a balcony... I miss going outside. In the midst of summer we do sometimes grab a chair and sit outside on the curb... but, it's just not the same as lounging in your own backyard.
Also I would love to grow some veggies or herbs and plant flowers and a blossom tree.

A couple of weeks ago Popcorn was asked to come work in Japan for a year or two. We were beyond ourselves, because we've always wanted to go and live abroad. Unfortunately he would be stationed in Nagoya. He was there for a short business trip a couple of weeks ago and well... He reconsidered the whole thing, because Nagoya isn't as exotic as you might think when you think of living in Japan ( like Tokyo or Kyoto ). It's cold and grey, a concrete city where people work at least 80 to 90 hours a week.
They barely speak English, so it's not easy to communicate. You know it's fine when you do the groceries... ( I have exquisite non-verbal ways of showing what I need ), but when you're stuck with co-workers 90 hours a week without understanding each other... I think we're going insane half way during our stay.
So, while we are waiting to be stationed somewhere else ( maybe in the near future ) we have decided to slowly take on a quest to find a nice family home with a large backyard. We've been looking for quite some time, but never actively...

So that's what we're at now. And when we find ourselves a lovely home I will buy me some hunter 'wellies' and plant a blossom tree. How amazing would it be to enjoy a spring cup of tea underneath your very own blossoming tree. A fairytale...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten