div { letter-spacing: 2pt } -->

20-03-2012































The day after tomorrow it's World Water Day... This day recognizes the importance of earth's most precious natural resource -  Water. Politicians and governments gather to discuss this subject. Because we're taking water for granted... I have to admit that, I too, take showers longer than necessary, do the laundry at any given moment ( even if it's just for a pair of socks ) and flush the toilet using mighty fine water. 
And however the appearance of water may be abundant ( we're surrounded by oceans and it rains too much around here ), it's so scarce in some places that whole civilizations die because they lack water to still thirst and to harvest crops and thus to feed. 

I want to grow awareness on this subject. I want to change my lifestyle dramatically and help out wherever I can to provide people with this liquid treasure. 

What are you doing to minimize your spill of water? Are you aware of the fact people lack what we have plenty? 

Amazing pictures found here - off course .




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten