div { letter-spacing: 2pt } -->

28-03-2012
















Man, did I just buy myself and Popcorn something great! We've been using refillable water bottles for the past year or two. We've had a bobble and a dopper... I can recommend both bottles, although the bobble does have a little extra which makes it even more special! It clears the water while you drink it, filtering it with its carbon filter.

As an addition to our recyclable to-go bottles I bought two KeepCups today! I wasn't planning on buying anything, but these bright colored cute cups caught my attention. I read the package and got irreversibly enthusiastic. There was no possible way I could have put the cups back on the shelve.
See... I have a thing for stuff that makes a durable and environmentally conscious life possible. It's not easy living the 'green' life, but there's a lot of items that will help out a little.
Like the bobble and KeepCup for example.

If you count all the take-away coffee cups and water bottles you buy in a year... I think you'll be amazed. Not only do you have to buy your coffee ( which will be at least 2 euro 50 a cup!! ) but think of all the times you throw away your plastic or paper cup. It's countless times if your life is anything like mine!
Most cups are made of plastic, some of recyclable paper, but for the dumpster nonetheless.
By using the KeepCup you narrow the use of throw-away cups dramatically! It's reusable, refillable ( hand it over to the barista every time you visit Starbucks or Douwe Egberts ) and 100% recyclable. And drinking from it is pure bliss, I can tell you that!
The lid is made of soft BPA free LDPE #4 and is non-toxic ( as all materials used in the cups ). Almost ergonomically perfect. It's lightweight and easy to use and hold. What else do you need for a perfect cup of coffee?!

I bought mine at Waar for 11,95. It's medium size ( which is about 340ml - to hold almost every beverage you can think of ) with a cute pink lid, mint green plug and turquoise silicon band. Popcorn has a medium size too with beige detailing. When you buy your KeepCup over at Waar, you can fill it with fair-trade coffee for free!
You can also order them online and customize your KeepCup!

I'll be taking mine with me wherever I go! It'll keep my homemade soya chai warm for 30 minutes while I hurry myself to whatever appointment I have. It's amazing! My KeepCup is my new best friend.

By the way, as a side note... I'll be posting more 'green', 'eco' and 'durable' articles the next few days, because of Earth Hour this saturday... and off course because I think it's fun and important to prevent Earth from slowly dying a tragic death.

Some quick facts to have you buy a KeepCup pronto:

Every year about 75 disposable cups are manufactured for each person on the planet.
4 billion trees (35% of all trees) are used in paper industries all over the world.
Most of us discard over 14 times our body weight in product waste every year.
Compared to a disposable paper cup, a KeepCup (including coffee) reduces global warming up to 47%.
The break even with disposable cups is 15 uses over the KeepCup life cycle including cleaning.
Since June 2009, KeepCup users have prevented 750,000 trees being felled for paper pulp.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten