div { letter-spacing: 2pt } -->

20-02-2012

Palolem from Phoric on Vimeo.





























I read this article about Kerala, India and now I desperately want to go! We have this little chalkboard on which we write down future travel destinations... And although we listed all sorts of countries and cities... I guess our number one remains to be India.
I've been wanting to go for years now, but Popcorn was/is a little hesitant, because he fears getting sick... Which I understand, because we've been sick a couple of times before...

Other than that, he really wants to join me. But... He wants to go to Northern India... Delhi, Varanasi and climb to Ladakh ( which I love, because I want to see and experience life alongside the Ganges and  would love to encounter Tibetan culture again ), but I have this unexplainable thing for the south. The beach, the ocean, tea fields, the more humid climate, the Indian vegetarian cuisine....

Reading this article isn't going to convince me deciding to travel all the way up North. It's having me daydream about staying away for at least a month... Starting in Delhi, traveling to Varanasi, soak up spirituality, being confronted with teaming life and inevitable death, take a train South and walk barefoot through loose Goan sands.

But it's daydreaming still... However... I have a feeling this is the year we will travel to India. I really hope we will...

Where will you travel to this year?

Found the pictures on Deviantart

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten