div { letter-spacing: 2pt } -->

11-07-2012

B a b y M i n e



























It's been a while since I posted something on the blog, but my return brings a major announcement:
We're having a teeny, tiny us! A baby! I'm on the brink of motherhood and it feels amazing and scary at the same time.
We figured it was time for that next big step in our relationship. We're not that much into marriage and while Popcorn's career is flourishing, mine seems to be on permanent hold. A perfect time for parenthood with plenty of time for descend upbringing and attention.
We didn't expect to be expecting this soon, but we feel very blessed for our apparently healthy bodies and lifestyle.

Last saturday was the beginning of the second trimester. The first trimester was something special for sure... Finding out you're pregnant, being all happy about it the first day, being terribly sick the next.
I've spend the past three months either on the couch or in my bed, taking only necessary walks down to the fridge or the toilet. No-one ever told me creating a little human-being would be this hard.
Morning sickness has become a huge deal in our household.
But seeing that little person for the first time ( at 9 weeks ) on ultrasound was indescribable. We gazed like goons at the screen, marveling at it's minuscule head, hands, feet and backbone!  He's so pretty already.

I'm now almost 13 weeks along and still feeling sick, but as bad as being sick ( 24 hours a day! ) is... You somehow get used to it. I still don't go out that often. Staying in doing some minor chores is hard enough as it is, pausing every hour to puke... But I feel slightly more mobile and the lust for life returns to me a little bit every day.

Last weekend we bought a Bugaboo. We couldn't resist the urge to go over to this baby-stuff megastore and buy something. And we found ourselves making a fair deal with the sales-person and brought home the coolest possible carriage, the Denim version. We're awesome parents already!

I guess, now that I'm back to blogging, a fairly large amount of posts will of course be about babies, motherhood and the cool stuff you can buy or create yourself for your future little one. I'm sorry, it's the hormones. It turns even the most phlegmatic people into self-proclaimed softies. I tell myself it's okay to not become myself ever again if it helps me be good, kind and loving to my itty-bitty-baby.

Oh, by the way... I'm due january 19 2013 ( but I told my little womb-floating friend it's okay if he shows up sooner! ). We don't want to find out the gender, but I'm heavily convinced I'm carrying a baby-son.

Later my patient friends!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten