div { letter-spacing: 2pt } -->

23-04-2012





















Yesterday, me and Elle went on a road trip. In Holland to be exact... our own country of which we know very, very little. It's a funny thing how we cross borders and want to travel to the other side of the world, because we think there's so much to be discovered there. But there's almost as much to be seen here...

I've been to several places in the Netherlands, but always as a child... So I didn't explore more than the playground of a camping place or the swimming pool. So when we went to visit little fishermen's towns yesterday a whole world opened up to us.
Friesland is as exotic as, well... you name it... eh... the hinterland of Australia. They talk funny, eat funny things and like to do funny stuff. I loved every second of it.
And besides being fun, the weather in Friesland is amazing. We sat in the sun the whole darn day! Without our coats on...

We went to Stavoren...Which was smaller than we thought. Hindeloopen, which was much bigger than we thought... And Bolsward, which serves Tapas. They even serve tapas in Friesland kids!
We had a blast. We laughed until our stomachs hurt and sat in the sun until we got slightly tanned. Wherever you are... always bring a tan to show off.

Also it was my first long driving experience. Needless to say I'm a mess today. I did great I think, but I'm really, really tired now.

Check out Coeur Blonde. She will post an update of our journey to the North shortly.

Was your weekend as adventurous as mine?

Picture was taken in Hindeloopen.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten